S&C System VI Switchgear offers an exciting option for applications through 34.5 kV requiring 16-kA symmetrical short-circuit duty
- Compact, low-profile design. Even at 34.5 kV, System VI gear can be as little as 37 inches tall. And System VI gear has a significantly smaller footprint than conventional gear.
- Single- or three-phase protection through 600 amperes continuous with resettable vacuum fault interrupters.
- Simplified operations and enhanced safety. Routine operations can be performed quickly and easily by a single person, with no exposure to cables or energized components.
- Microprocessor-based overcurrent control provides advanced, flexible protection. External-trip option allows fault interrupters to be tripped from transformer secondary or sudden-pressure relays.
- Source-transfer and remote supervisory automation schemes available.
- It's affordable. Even with all its added features, System VI gear is competitive with - or offers significant savings over - conventional gear.
S&C System VI Switchgear offers an exciting option for applications through 34.5 kV requiring 16-kA symmetrical short-circuit duty. It features a modular arrangement of S&C Vista UDS. Units of Vista gear include 600-A load-interrupter switches and fault interrupters, sealed in an SF6-insulated, elbow-connected tank. Using air-insulated bushings on one or both sides of the tank, units of Vista gear can be joined together or to metal-enclosed switchgear modules such as air-insulated metering bays.
S&C Electric Company, 6601 North Ridge Blvd., Chicago, IL 60626-3997. Tel: 773-338-1000; Fax: 773-338-8082.