Developed in cooperation with the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), the 3100 PQ Pager resolves a critical problem for power quality managers
Developed in cooperation with the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), the 3100 PQ Pager resolves a critical problem for power quality managers: instant, dependable notification of power quality events or problems. The instrument incorporates a unique, patented technology that allows it to communicate directly through a built-in voice-mail interface. In addition, the 3100 can send messages directly to as many as four pagers, bypassing the traditional utility master station bottleneck.
With three voltage channels, the 3100 measures single-phase and three-phase power systems for sags, swells and other interruptions or disturbances. Upon identifying any of these parameters, the 3100 transmits an automatic page notification. In addition, the Pager is designed to keep track of two contact closure inputs that can be connected to thermostats, flood switches, customer equipment or security alarm systems. In addition to its function as a real-time monitoring and notification instrument, the 3100 is designed to support quick and accurate diagnosis of problems.
Key capabilities and characteristics of the PQ Pager include:
- Permanently installed instrument
- Enables four notification phone calls in addition to automatic paging;
- Accommodates two alarm inputs
- Employs a voice mail style notification format
- Incorporates three voltage channels
- Monitors sags, swells and other interruptions
- Three-year backup of clock/calendar and data
- All inclusive system—requires no additional computer for operation
- Used with industry-leading, Windows-based DRAN-VIEW visualization and analysis software
- UL and FCC certified
Dranetz-BMI, 1000 New Durham Rd., Edison, NJ 08818. Tel: 800-372-6832; Fax: 732-248-1834.