ZIV: Making The Smart Grid Real
- Innovations that make Distribution Automation a reality.
- Advanced technologies applied to cost effective equipment being massively deployed.
ZIV, one of the world's pioneers and market leaders in Smart Grid solutions is driving new innovation to offer open solutions to the utilities changing the face of existing power networks. Based on almost 20 years experience in research, development and reference deployments, ZIV are providing a complete range of products to build intelligent networks, therefore making far reaching advances in communications.
Key to the Smart Grid Solutions has been ZIV's home grown innovations based on advanced technology and interoperability. The deployments are being led by major power utilities such as IBERDROLA, GAS NATURAL FENOSA, HC ENERGÍA and a number of other distribution companies, having three distinctive goals which are the pillars for Smart grid:
1. Smart metering using PRIME technology*,
2. MV and LV grid supervision and automation,
3. Advanced demand side management, incorporating micro generation, renewables and charging stations for electric vehicles
"Innovation has been key to our development, right from the start," says a company spokesperson, "from concept to product; we disseminate the ideas and then look at the bigger picture bringing the innovation to the market."
"ZIV has already in operation over 400,000 single and 70,000 three phase smart meters plus 3,500 meter data concentrators, estimating another (500,000 meters +5,000 concentrators) for this year. We are hoping that the above references in Smart Grids will enhance our International reputation and expansion" says the company. *ZIV is a founding member of the PRIME Alliance (www.prime-alliance.org)
The ZIV Group
ZIV designs, manufactures and markets "Digital Protection, Control, Metering and Communications Equipment/Systems "for HV and MV electric power networks and industrial applications"
Since 2011, ZIV has been structured in 3 independent companies focusing on specific market niches:
- ZIV GRID AUTOMATION: Protection + Control and Electrical Engineering Services
- ZIV METERING SOLUTIONS: Smart meters, AMM and Electric Vehicle recharging stations
- ZIV COMMUNICATIONS: PLC, Fiber Optics, Tele protection and coupling devices
It also counts with a research center, ZIV R&D: Non-profit organization to support research activities for the whole group Product and services catalog
- Digital Protection and Control equipment and Substation Automation
- Multi-function Digital Meters and billing SW
- Wireless Networking for Industrial and electrical environments
- AMM Systems
- MV and HV PLC equipment
- Coupling devices
- Smart Grids