Utility Data Resources assists utilities in implementing industrial load control (interruptible) tariffs by installing MV-90's load control products
Utility Data Resources assists utilities in implementing industrial load control (interruptible) tariffs by installing MV-90's load control products. To utilize the MV-90 load control software, a dedicated computer is required at each customer site participating on the interruptible tariff.
The on-site services offered by Utility Data Resources are:
- Installation of the MV-90 L/C Station and Read-Only software
- Installation of an alarm box for message notification
- Testing of communications between the utility's host computer and the customer's computer
- Testing of communications between the customer's computer and the load profiling meter
- Testing of communications between the host computer and the alarm box
- Training of customer personnel on the use of the MV-90 load control software
The load control customer has a choice of supplying their own computer hardware or can elect to have UDR provide a turnkey solution. By choosing the turnkey option, the customer is supplied with a computer, monitor, modem, and uninterruptible power supply (UPS) in addition to the services listed above. This removes all burdens from the customer and provides them the freedom to explore the benefits of the interruptible rate.
The MV-90 L/C Station software is an informational and communications tool used by the host utility to notify its load control customers of a scheduled interruption or emergency situation. Communication is through a voice grade telephone line using a standard analog modem. Load control customers are notified of a scheduled interruption or emergency situation by an audible alarm and a message, which is displayed on the customer's monitor. The L/C Station software also polls the customer's load profile meter and displays the demand data in graphical or tabular format. The polling process allows the customer to track its usage in relationship to its interruptible contract.
- Provide a turnkey installation to any load control installation
- Eliminates commitment of utility staff to on-site installations and training
- Access to extensive experience with load control software and communications systems
- Access to extensive experience in training customers on MV-90 software
- Access to extensive experience in debugging communications problems
Load Control Y2K Statement
Concerning your inquiry regarding the Year 2000 readiness of hardware or software acquired through Utility Data Resources, Inc., please be advised that we are merely a supplier/installer of hardware manufactured by others or software developed by others. Because we did not manufacture the hardware or develop the software, we are not in a position to comment on the Year 2000 readiness of the hardware or software. All inquiries regarding Y2K matters should be directed to the manufacturer of the hardware or developer of the software. Listed below are the websites of various vendors whose products we commonly supply. This may assist you in obtaining Y2K status updates or contact numbers for further inquiries.
Utility Data Resources, 201 Billings Street, Suite 490, Arlington, TX 76010-5401. Tel: 817-652-1933; Fax: 817-652-1935.