Source: Adalet, Inc.
Increased Safety is a type of protection applied to electrical apparatus that does not produce arcs or sparks in normal service
Increased Safety is a type of protection applied to electrical apparatus that does not produce arcs or sparks in normal service. Additional measures are applied so as to give increased security against the possibility of excessive temperatures and of the occurrence of arcs and sparks. Issues such as electrical clearances and security of connections are addressed. This is different from intrinsically safe which prevents any spark or thermal effect from igniting by limiting voltage and currents with electrical circuit components known as barriers.
- Junction box in Zone 1 classified area
- Junction box in Div. 2 areas
- Part of CENELEC OEM package for export
- All Adalet Increased Safety Enclosures include domestic zone approvals, AExe.
Terminal blocks are mounted on DIN rails.
- Gland plate options
·any combination of zero to four sides
·enclosures are made to order
·five different sizes of standard plates
·Gland plates attached by blind threaded fasteners.
- EMI/RFI shielded gaskets available.
- Population developed through thermal testing. Count based on wire size and current rating of blocks.
- Enclosure must ship with at least one terminal block to carry the Epsilon Ex mark.
- Any approved terminal block supplier may be used including: Weidmuller, Phoenix, Wago, Wieland, and Entrelec. Blocks may be mixed.
- Must be increased safety approved.
- Screw cover enclosures
- Single door clamped enclosures
- Adalet Increased Safety Enclosures range in size from: 5" x 5" x 3" to 60" x 36" x 20"
Adalet, Inc., 4801 West 150th Street, Cleveland, OH 44135-3397. Tel: 216-267-9000; Fax: 216-267-1681.