Ventyx Releases Detailed Analysis And Projections For North American Power Market, EPA Clean Power Plan
2014 Reference Case report, website and local workshops provide guidance for clients' power investment decisions and forecasts electricity market to 2030
Atlanta, GA /PRNewswire/ - Ventyx, an ABB company, today announced availability of its 2014 North American Power Reference Case, a semiannually updated report detailing Ventyx's integrated market‑based model of the North American energy industry. The detailed report answers key questions about power markets -- such as the projected impact of US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations -- drawing on more than 15 years of power sector analysis, data and forecasting by the Ventyx Advisors team.
"The proposed EPA rule reducing CO2 emissions by 30 percent by 2030 has increased pressure on energy companies to make informed, data-driven decisions about the investments they make in electricity markets," said Ventyx GM Energy Portfolio Management Solutions Tom O'Meara. "The Ventyx North American Reference Case report is an invaluable resource to help guide these decisions, providing a forecast of 2030 carbon intensity by state in comparison to the EPA goal. And, it reflects the impact of coal plant retirements, addition of renewable resources for state Renewable Portfolio Standards, current energy efficiency standards and replacement of aged assets with efficient gas-fired resources. As a result, the report provides asset owners and energy provides insight into state strategies for carbon intensity to meet the proposed targets."
The Ventyx North American Power Reference Case report provides a comprehensive, integrated analysis of the North American electricity market using Ventyx's market-based, fundamental model (PROMOD) of power, gas, coal and environmental markets – accounting for the interdependency of these markets. Its forecasts are based on consistent economic assumptions. In addition to forecasts associated with the EPA rule, the spring 2014 report includes a wealth of analysis related to trends in key markets, including:
- State of the Markets -- North American energy market activities and assumptions
- Fuel and environmental expectations and impacts
- EPA's existing source performance standards (Carbon Intensity), what does it mean for the states? Who will be the winners and losers?
- Analysis of major ISO market events and rule changes
- The energy landscape for the Big Apple
- Will the winds blow favorably for Illinois?
- Impact on gas demand from the generation sector – too much or too little gas?
- The Ventyx Power Reference Case report is available now. For more information, contact your Ventyx sales representative or email email@example.com.
- The Ventyx Advisors team provides an unbiased look at the EPA Clean Power Plan in a recent article on the Ventyx Energy Market Intelligence blog: http://intelligence.ventyx.com/.
- For an overview of key insights in the Reference Case, register and view a recorded webcast.
- Ventyx is holding its 2014 Energy Market Intelligence workshops in New York and Chicago on July 29 and 31, respectively. Register for the New York workshop here, or the Chicago workshop here.
Ventyx, an ABB company, is a world-leading supplier of Industrial Enterprise Software for essential industries such as energy, mining and public infrastructure. Ventyx solutions bridge the gap between information technologies (IT) and operational technologies (OT), enabling clients to make faster, better-informed decisions in both daily operations and long-term planning strategies. Some of the world's largest organizations rely on Ventyx solutions to minimize risk, enhance operational and financial performance, and execute the right strategies for the future. For more details, see www.ventyx.com.
SOURCE: VentyxCopyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved