Network With An Array Of Utilities Driving Distribution Automation Investment | Distribution Automation Europe, 29-30 September 2014, London, UK
SMi’s 4th annual Distribution Automation Europe conference will set out how to facilitate the impact and growth of renewables and improve communication systems architecture to increase the reliability and efficiency of future networks. Since deploying a smart distribution network is a critical goal for utilities to help manage electricity needs by making grids more efficient, reliable and secure for reduction of carbon emissions - next generation hardware and software for DA gives utilities many more options in meeting these goals.
London (PRWEB UK) - The global Distribution Automation (DA) market was worth over $9m in 2012 and is expected to reach a value of over $17m by 2019, growing at a CAGR of 8.5% from 2013 to 2019. Growth is driven by increased investment in Distribution Automation from Europe, which was the largest market for DA in 2012. Against this backdrop, SMi’s 4th annual Distribution Automation Europe conference, taking place on 29-30 September in London, will feature an array of European utilities who are behind DA innovation and investment such as Union Fenosa Distribucion, Scottish Power, Alliander, UK Power Networks, E.ON Innovation Center Distribution, Scottish and Southern Power Distribution, and Electricity North West.
(Source: 'Distribution Automation Market Will Reach USD 17,677.2 Million Globally in 2019', Transparency Market Research Pvt. Ltd.,https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140603073915-339157087-distribution-automation-market-will-reach-usd-17-677-2-million-globally-in-2019)
Speaker Panel includes:
- David Trebolle, Active Management, Network and Control and Advanced Applications, Union Fenosa Distribucion
- Stuart Neumann, Director, Advisory Services, Verdantix
- John Kirkwood, Automation NCP Manager, Scottish Power Energy Networks
- Bas Mulder, Senior Consultant, Operational Excellence, DNV GL - Energy
- Pavla Mandatova, Advisor, Eurelectric
- Furong Li, EPSRC Advanced Research Fellow, University of Bath
- Stewart Reid, Future Network Policy Manager, Scottish and Southern Energy Power Distribution
- Frans Campfens, Senior Business Architect, Asset Management, Alliander
- Robin Hagemans, Manager Innovations & Livelab, Alliander
- Tim Manandhar, Low Carbon Solutions Design Manager, UK Power Networks
- Kevin Hoban, Future Networks Project Manager, Electricity North West
- Damien Coyle, Future Networks Engineer, Electricity North West
To view the full speaker line-up and complete two-day conference programme, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014distribution-automation18.asp.
Plus, don't miss the post-conference workshop taking place on 1st October 2014:
From Big Data to Smart Data - Using signal, image and statistical processing techniques to extract value from Smart Grid and Smart Metering data | Led by Furong Li, EPSRC Advanced Research Fellow, University of Bath | 08.30-12.30.
View original release here: http://www.prweb.com/releases/distribution/automation/prweb11954479.htm