BTECH Battery Validation System S3Source: BTECH, Inc.
The BTECH S3 Battery Validation System (BVS) is the flagship installed base monitor for UPS, Telecom, and Power Generating applications. The powerful S3 can be ordered with up to 257 connections in increments of 16 and a maximum of 7 parallel strings. Battery types monitored can either be lead-acid or nickel cadmium; flooded or VRLA, 1-12 volt cell/units. It measures internal resistance, battery voltage, cell/unit voltage, ambient and pilot temperatures. The monitor also captures performance under discharge with battery and cell voltage data under load and battery discharge current.
The BVS features automatic test and data acquisition with user programmed test intervals. Local and remote alarm features for out-of-limit conditions of cell voltage and impedance, system voltage and temperature, loss of AC power and battery discharge are also included. Coupled with the BVM data acquisition software, the BVS measurement system can manage a thousand battery sites with automatic polling via the BVS Observer. Data are captured, archived, reported, and graphically displayed. The equipment is designed to be predictive in nature, avoid serious problems and schedule timely maintenance.
- Internal cell impedance monitoring
- Connection resistance monitoring
- Cell voltage measurements
- Ambient and pilot cell(s) temperature measurements (2 standard - up to 4 optional)
- Battery discharge data logging and alarm
- Battery and cell voltage performance during discharge
- Battery current performance during discharge (optional)
- Remote and local automatic test and data acquisition
- Programmable test intervals
- Out-of-limit alarm for cell impedance, cell voltage, battery voltage, temperature (individual and differential), and power outage
- Internal ni-cad battery for loss of power conditions
- NEMA-1 style enclosure
- Choice of communication methods: short-haul or dial modem
- Integral printer
BTECH, Inc., 9 Whippany Road, Whippany, NJ 07981. Tel: 973-683-9950; Fax: 973-428-3305.