Surface Mount Coils: HF-Q3 SeriesSource: Coil-Q Corporation
At Coil-Q we can custom design any coil. We find solutions for the hard to find, complex, discontinued, retrofit utilizing industry standard forms.
Click Here To Download:
Specifications: Q3SMT-Series HF Coils
Mechanical Drawing: Q3VSMT-Series VHF - UHF Coils
Our coils and transformers are designed to suppress parasitics (IP3, distributed capacitance,cross talk,etc.)while maintaining High Reliability, High Q and a Low Temperature Constant. This is the best place to start when designing Filter and Precise circuits for RF.
- Rugged surface mount
- Mil Quality at a Commercial Price
- Highest Q for its size without the use of ferrites
- Seated in epoxy for moisture protection
- Magnetic and electrostatic shielding
- Very low TC<35 PPM / ° C
- Very low distributed capacitance (high Fo)
- Designed to meet Mil-C-15305 C, Grade 1
- Available in two sizes
- Compatible with high temperature soldering and all cleaning processes
- Pins are tin plated.
- Coil base is made of temperature resistant DAP.
- Coil form is made of gloss woven polyester.
- The core structure of the coil consists of cup core and a threaded center core which combine to give good magnetic shield.
- Both core elements are made of powdered iron, to minimize performance variation with temperature.
- Electrostatic shield consists of a copper can, tin plated.
The Q3SMT Series inductors are available in the standard .445in high, (tuneable +/- 10%), or the flat top .42in high, (tuneable +/- 7%). Please specify the package height when ordering.
The inductance adjustment range of Q3 type coils was deliberately stated below the attainable values by mechanically adjusting capability, in order to keep Q variations below 7%. Of course a larger adjustment range is possible if Q variation is not of great importance to the circuit.
Inductance and Q of the HF coils were measured on the HP 4323A Q meter. Data was obtained by the use of soldered leads, in order to avoid errors due to contact resistance.
Please note that the VHF-UHF coil inductance is indicated in nanohenires. The HF portion of the listing is stated in microhenries.
Coil Q products are RoHS compliant.
Made in the USA since 1968.Click here to download product specifications for Coil-Q Corp.'s complete line of Q3SMT-Series HF coils.