Infrared Cameras For Building Diagnostics and Predictive Maintenance: FLIR i-SeriesSource: FLIR Systems, Inc
i3 Infrared Camera
This infrared camera has a 60 x 60 resolution (3,600 pixels) and a 12.5° x 12.5° FOV (Field of View) More info
i5 Infrared Camera
This infrared camera has a higher resolution at 100 x 100 (10,000 pixels) and a wider FOV at 21° x 21°. More info
i7 Infrared Camera
This infrared camera features the highest resolution at 140 x 140 (19,600 pixels) and the widest FOV at 29° x 29°. More info
Images and information on specific applications that relate to building diagnostics and predictive maintenance can be found below.
This image is showing how a FLIR i-Series Infrared Camera identified misaligned belts
This image is showing how a FLIR i-Series Infrared Camera detected a hot spot in an electrical panel
Cold air is indicated in this image by the color blue. A FLIR i-Series Infrared Camera determined where the heat loss in this room was coming from.
This image is showing how a FLIR i-Series Infrared Camera was able to detect a blocked AC coil in an HVAC unit.
An i-Series Infrared Camera was used here to spot water damage that was undetectable in the visible spectrum.
|Duct and Pipe Problems
An i-Series Infrared Camera was used here to detect a duct condenstation leak.
*The thermal images shown are for illustrative purposes only.
Additional specifics on the applications that the FLIR i-Series on Infrared Cameras for building diagnostics and predictive maintenance:
- Electrical Diagnostics
- looking for hot spots on electrical panels
- overloaded circuits
- loose or corroded connections
- Mechanical Diagnostics
- identifying abnormal hotspots on motors
- plant machinery
- Locate duct leaks
- Monitor airflow distribution
- Inspect evaporators, condensers and lines for abnormal temperatures
- Building & Energy audits
- locate areas where heating/cooling is escaping
- insulation is correctly installed
- insulation is missing or damaged
- moisture is entering the building
- Facilities Maintenance
- Incorporates 4 sections above into FM/predictive maintenance roles
- Water & Disaster Restoration
- Identify extent of water damage
- Monitor and verify drying in floors, walls, and ceilings
- Document damage for insurance